This CODE OF CONDUCT represents a binding commitment on the part of every AGDA member engaged in the manufacture, installation, distribution, maintenance and repair of garage doors, automation and their components to achieve a high standard of quality, safety and reliability.
Each member shall observe and comply with the following requirements at all times:
1. STANDARD OF WORKMANSHIP
The member shall observe a high standard of workmanship and any goods or materials supplied by the member shall be fit for the purpose for which they are intended.
All goods, materials and workmanship the member provides shall comply with relevant compliance requirements. The member will ensure that all work is of a good standard meeting the customers’ expectations, any defects will be promptly rectified. The member undertakes to follow up and resolve all valid customers' complaints, promptly and courteously.
All products sold and or installed by the member shall have been thoroughly tested and manufactured according to the published specification. All products will meet statutory requirements and for residential work carry a minimum twelve months warranty.
The member shall have documented training records and shall take active steps to provide all Staff with proper and continuing training to ensure the necessary skills to perform their allotted tasks to the required standards
The member shall continually monitor its practices with regard to health and safety issues and shall do all that is practicable to prevent personal injury by protecting its employees and all others who may be affected by its work from all foreseeable hazards which could arise from such work. The member shall be able to provide a written health and safety policy and evidence that it has taken all practicable steps to ensure adherence to the policy.
5. BUSINESS INTEGRITY
The member shall observe a high standard of business integrity in all aspects of its business dealings. The members shall represent its product and services in an accurate and honest manner and shall not mislead its customers or suppliers in respect of its dealings with that company or any other party. As members of the AGDA we all act so as to uphold and enhance the honour, objectives and dignity of the Association.
ENFORCEMENT OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
In the event that any member fails to comply with the code of conduct, the member shall receive a warning, together with appropriate advice on compliance with the code of conduct and, in the event of further failure to comply with the code of conduct, the member may be suspended or expelled from the AGDA by majority decision of the Executive Committee. In the event of any complaint arising out of an alleged breach of this code of conduct by a member of the AGDA, formal written notice of the complaint should be sent to the Secretary of the AGDA who will arrange for the matter to be investigated and presented to the Executive Committee for consideration and appropriate action.
Criteria for Membership
What are the criteria for membership?
1. Your business must be within the scope of the Association ie, must be physically based in Australia (or New Zealand) and be involved any of the following activities: manufacture; installation; repair; maintenance; component supply; testing; certification; distribution in relation to any of the following products:
· Residential garage doors,
· Industrial doors, shutters & barriers
· Automated gates
2. Your company must have a minimum of 3 years experience and demonstrate that it is technically competent i.e., must comply with the quality assured standards and be capable of showing evidence that you consistently provide fully compliant products and/or installs to ANZ standards backed up by two trade nominations, to qualify for use of AGDA logo.
3. Your company must be financially stable i.e.,
· Provide two trade references
· must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of financial trading
On acceptance into membership, all members shall comply with requirements of the AGDA’s Code of Conduct at all times.